Happy Friday friends! I'm thrilled to say that our family is together again under one roof for a week or so. Our college student is home for the holidays and my heart is full seeing our sons together again! As I mentioned yesterday, posts might be sporadic throughout the holidays as I take time to enjoy all that is around me. Hope you are able to do the same.
Sarah Richardson Design - I've gone back to this gorgeous living room several times now. That rug!
Sarah Richardson Design - Lots of great inspiration for a cocktail soiree here.
Glitter Guide - My parents used to make their own candles in the 70's. I really like this new & improved version.
Domestic Fashionista - I could get used to this minimalist approach to trimming a Christmas tree.
Elements of Style - This laundry room is perfect, as well as the rest of the tour.
Enjoy your weekend everybody!
P.S. Have you entered the giveaway?
Thursday, December 18, 2014
Since world peace doesn't seem to be an option, I've come up with a few items to put in Santa's suggestion box. It's funny, some Christmases Mr. and I exchange gifts and sometimes we don't. We've always enjoyed giving to others and feel like there's really nothing we must have for ourselves. If I recall correctly, last year we gave each other a new hot water heater, a part for the car, and paid the vet for oral surgery, ha! This year my little wish list is actually quite practical sprinkled with a little bit of pretty, and much more exciting than a hot water heater. And here it is...
1. Cute little ear jackets are popping up everywhere and I just think they are the cutest!
2. OK here's the deal. I went to four Targets looking for the plaid scarf. Each store showed them in stock online, but when I got there, they were all out. Eventually I found a plaid scarf source last week and Mr. ordered this one. I'll try to act surprised when I open the box!
3. I need a good pair of sunnies and these are about as classic as they come.
4. My wallet is slowly dying. Mom gave it to me at least ten years ago (thank you Mom) and it has been a good one, but now my change is starting to fall out the bottom. Time for a new one.
5. A pom beanie is a must this year!
6. I originally wanted these boots, but they are out of stock in my size. Darn those early shoppers. A friend of mine has these boots and they are amazing!
This is the last gift guide you will see from me this year. I'll be back tomorrow with Friday links and after that posts might be a little more sporadic throughout the holidays. Take a deep breath friends, we're almost there.
Labels: 2014 gift guide
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
Please pardon me while I start planning next Christmas. I'm not doing another thing this year other than bake, wrap a few remaining presents, and enjoying time with my family. But next year, I do want to try making a Christmas wreath from grapevine. I've been seeing these free-form beauties for a while and they've really grown on me. No two are the same. All it takes is a grapevine base which you can pick up at the craft store. Then add greenery which could come from the trimmings from the bottom of your Christmas tree or any other evergreen. The more textures and different shades of green the better. I even love the addition of red berries. Next year...
images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5