Friday, December 21, 2012

I Feel Fine

Once upon a time, when I worked as a fashion merchandiser, my colleagues and I happened to find ourselves in front of Radio City Music Hall in New York after a long day of shopping.  The band, No Doubt was playing REM's "It's the End of the World".  The MTV music awards were airing that night and No Doubt was performing live from the roof top when we happened to see.  As much as I love REM, I might just like the No Doubt version of this song a little better.  Thanks to the Mayans, that song was stuck in my head all day yesterday!  Fortunately, a friend posted on facebook that her 4th grade daughter heard that the world wasn't going to end after all. Apparently, someone dug a few holes and we are all going to be OK.  Whew!  That was a close one!

Anyway, how could the world end if I had not put together my dream home?  If I did have a dream home, it might look something like this.

exterior


foyer and stairs 


dining room


kitchen


living room


bedroom


bathroom



patio

It's always fun to dream isn't it?

Have a great weekend!

20 comments :

  1. No Doubt over R.E.M.? Blasphemy!

    But I do like your dream home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Only because of the memory. Any other time I would choose REM :) Then again, the acoustic version by REM is my all time fave.

      Delete
  2. Rene I think we have the same dream home...haha. That patio is dreamy all on it's own! Good thing the world isnt' ending after all!

    P.S. I've had that song stuck in my head too. Love the name of your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your dream house! I'm now listening to the No Doubt version of the song I have been listening to all week too. :) What a fun memory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad we're all still here! Lovely dream home! Merry Christmas!
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! It's my dream home too...such a pleasure to view.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, that's a gorgeous dream home! I'll be sure to come visit.
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet selections. I love the patio!! Have a happy holiday. I remember watching No Doubt perform that year. 1995? 1996? I'm just a girl..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, wait. That's MY dream home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rene, I adore the living room picuture!! I would just bask all day in that sunlight! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Clever post! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful dream home. Mine would be very similar. The setting of the first image is gorgeous. Merry Christmas Rene!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh that was a fun tour through your dream house!! I needed that…..too much last minute Christmas preparation overwhelming me already, and it's not even 9am…so thank you for the needed respite! Can I move into this dream house with you? It's glorious!

    Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas Rene!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  13. love it all!! do you know.who makes the brass faucet?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful dream home....I think its mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhhh! That would be pretty spot on with my dream home as well. And your family photo is just darling. Hope you are enjoying the holidays sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had no idea you worked in New York for some time. How exciting! Happy New Year Rene and hope you and the family had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. funny....I have this same exact dream!! haha Happy New Year Rene!
    xo
    annie

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each and every one. Your questions will be answered here or you can email me at cottageandvine@triad.rr.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...